Saturday, July 13, 2013

Craving Ice Cream?

Luckily the lust for frozen dairy delights is not a big weakness for me.  However for those that can't resist this culinary coolness in the summer heat, I offer this morning's smoothie recipe.  It was what they call "the bomb".

Karen's Beat the Heat Banana Treat

Add these ingredients in this order to your Vitamix:

1 nicely ripened banana, cut in slices
1/3 cup unflavored Greek Yougurt
1/3 cup Almond Milk
1 sliced Frozen banana
aproximately a cup Frozen Spinach
aproximately 1/3 cup Frozen Strawberries
1 scoop Whey Protein
today I used Cookies & Cream flavor which might account for the resulting recipe resemblance to ice cream.
Then I added 4 ice cubes and blended well.  It was pretty thick so the tamper was necessary to get a good mix of all these frozen ingredients.
My old smoothie maker never would have been up to this challenge.
Then I had to spoon this concoction into my large Tervis glass until it was heaping over the top.  It was much too thick to pour out the spout.
I think I burned a few extra calories with the strong slurps that were required to suck down enough to get the lid on so & could apply the lid and drive my meal to work for later consumption. 

So I hear it's going to be super hot again next week.
After work I stopped at Vitamin World and used my 20% off coupon to buy an even larger container of Double Rich Chocolate Whey

Obviously I can't wait to try the Chocolate version of this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment