Monday, July 15, 2013

A Light Leg Day

How hot & humid was it today?  

It was so miserable I was looking forward to my planned Leg day in the cool comfort of our basement all day!


I suspect most of my friends won't understand my anticipation to play with this "big boy" toy.  It doesn't look like much in the photo, but there is 115 lbs. on this Olympic bar.  That is just two 35 lb. plates on the basic bar.  I also love my husband Mike's ingenuity placing some carmats underneath the weights to help absorb the impact when it hits the ground.  The Fishers are admirably frugal right?  

               My previous deadlift max was 100 lb.  Today I decided to up the ante.  
I warmed up with a set of 20 reps with a 80 lb. bar.
and then I knocked out TEN with my new Personal best of 115 lb!  

As my form can deteriorate if I don't concentrate, I patted myself on the back in order to avoid straining by back and moved on to some other basic leg exercises.

Barbell front squat - 40 lb. x 20 reps
Barbell Plie squat - 58 lb. x 25 reps
Barbell full squat - 58 lb. x 25 reps
Dumbbell Squat to chair - 20 lbs. x 25 reps
Barbell standing Calf raises - 58 lb. x 25 reps
Dumbbell Lateral lunge with Bicep curl - 10 lb. x 25 reps

Many experts say basic exercises such as the deadlift & squat are the best for maximizing your booty.  Ironically today I got an email from Zumba to sign up for their Glutes training module.  Of course I did enroll & I'll await the newest online course & accompanying DVD training video.  

However I don't really need to wait to tell you the results of this survey.  If you do basic CHALLENGING weights AND add CHALLENGING Zumba moves....your booty will look amazing. 
 Just ask Mike ...

No comments:

Post a Comment