Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hey Fitness Fans,

It's Friday Eve.  Congrats, you made it & it's almost the weekend!  Let's celebrate with an invigorating move.  Are you getting enough Cardio exercise?  While I think doing only cardio is a mistake many people make, doing no cardio is a mistake as well. 

  Instead of always heading to the dreadmill, I like to use HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) moves for my cardio.  This is another great HIIT exercise to intersperse in your workouts.  It'll raise your heartbeat, force you to work on your balance, agility AND work your legs & abs nicely at the same time.  It's similar to the side to side lunge jumps we did awhile back.

Speed Skaters
You don't have to do 100 at once.  Do 5 sets of 20 or 4 sets of 25.

Oh & it's also a fun distraction exercise as you pretend you're a speed skater in the Olympics.  I always wanted to be professional figure skater but I just knew that wasn't in the cards for me.  I was a tomboy not a gymnist or ballerina, and graceful was not an adjective you'd use to describe me as a kid.  It was a great accomplishment for this skater to do a simple crossover.  That's where you lift your outside leg up off of the ice, cross it over your other foot, transfer your weight & not trip yourself and fall down.  It took me a lot of trys to master this simple move.  However once you accomplish the crossover, you can skate much faster around the rink.  That is a lot of fun!  Unfortunately I never got very good at stopping either....  Does anyone want to go ice skating with me?  Mentor has a great rink.  

See ya tomorrow & enjoy your workout fantasies,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment